Vistek Accessibility Business Plan
Vistek is committed to creating policies, practices and procedures that provide services to people with disabilities and are in compliance with Ontario Regulation 429/07: Accessibility Standards for Customer Service. Vistek uses reasonable efforts to ensure that these policies embody the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity.
Vistek ensures that each of our retail locations provides full access to persons with disabilities. Each location has at least one entrance equipped with an access ramp and sliding or automatic doors. Each multi level location provides an elevator for public use. Vistek also ensures that there is at least one Handicap stall available for use in our washroom facilities at each retail location. Signs are clearly posted on the exterior and interior of each location.
Vistek's main goal is to provide the best customer service possible to our clientele. When working with a special needs client, Vistek employees are trained to take a disability into account in order to engage in the clearest communication possible.
Vistek understands that the nature of some disabilities require the use of an assistive animal. Assistive animals are permitted in all of our retail locations during Hours of Operation. Service animals are not excluded by law from our premises.
Vistek understands that with some disabilities the assistance of a support person is required. In the case of a ticketed event, there would be no charge for the support person.
Disruptions to Access
Vistek maintains clear communication with its clientele in the case of a temporary disruption to facilities or services that people with disabilities usually use to access our goods and services. In the case of a disruption, a notice is posted at each physical entrance of each location, detailing the reason, duration, and alternative access available in the meantime. A notice of the same nature will also be placed on www.creditcard-bookmark.com for those checking this site before visiting a location.
Vistek’s Feedback Process
Vistek values the feedback that our clients provide. In order to make feedback easy to give, each location keeps a Customer Comment Card Drop off box that is easily accessible from every Sales Department. This is a simple way for clients to leave compliments or complaints. These Comment Cards are reviewed by Mangers on a daily basis so that any complaints and issues are immediately resolved. Feedback can also be given through the many ways clients can contact Vistek, by email, phone, regular mail or walk in. A Manager is always available to speak to a client if there is an issue in person or over the phone. Emails and regular mail are given priority and answered within 24 hours of receipt with a resolution.
Training Our Employees
Vistek understands the importance of training our employees to work with persons disabilities in order to provide the best customer service possible. This training stretches to every staff member who deals with the public or third parties on behalf of Vistek and every person who is bound by our policies and procedures. Our Training Program equips those applicable to embody the sensitivity and respect required when working with people with disabilities. It also emphasizes the core principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity.
Vistek will provide the most up to date training to its staff in terms of working with clients with disabilities. This training is implemented as soon as possible once an employee is placed in their role.
Our training covers the following topics, as quoted from the Customer Service Standards, Section 6.2 and 6.4.
*The entire Standard can be viewed by going to www/e-laws.gov.on.ca, click on “Current Consolidated Law” then do a keyword search for 429/07.
The training must include a review of the purposes of the Act and the requirements of this Regulation and instruction about the following matters:
- How to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disability.
- How to interact with persons with disabilities who use an assistive devise or require the assistance of a guide dog or other service animal or the assistance of a support person.
- How to use equipment or devices available on the provider’s premises or otherwise provided by the provider that may help with the provision of goods or services to a person with a disability.
- What to do if a person with a particular type of disability is having difficulty accessing the provider’s goods or services. O. Reg. 429/07, s. 6 (2).
Training must also be provided on an ongoing basis in connection with changes to the policies, practices and procedures governing the provision of goods or services to persons with disabilities. O. Reg. 429/07, s. 6 (4).
Vistek provides a written summary coupled with the training process as detailed above. This training program is completed by employees in their first month of employment with Vistek. We also keep written records of dates and number of employees that have completed our Training Program.
Copies of Our Policy are Available upon Request
Vistek’s documents required by the Customer Service Standard are available upon request to the public. A notice is posted at each location and on www.creditcard-bookmark.com. These documents are available in every format to accommodate persons with disabilities. An audio and PDF file is available for download on www.creditcard-bookmark.com.
ACCESSIBLE CLIENT SERVICE FOR THE DISABLED
Vistek is committed to creating and adhering by policies, practices and procedures that provide services to people with disabilities. Vistek is committed to comply with Ontario Regulation 429/07: Accessibility Standards for Customer Service. All Vistek staff members are trained and follow these valuable policies and procedures in order to ensure the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity are provided to disabled persons to allow them an equal and positive customer experience.
a) Personal Assistive Devices:
- All clients may use assistive devices to access our goods and services. If a client requests a specific method of assisting in the customer experience, we will work with the client to accommodate their needs to the best of everyone’s abilities.
- Clients may use wheelchairs, service animals, support persons, canes, walkers, print magnifiers and any other assistive device necessary to ensure they have a positive shopping experience.
b) Physical Amenities:
- All stores have at least one or more seating area accessible for those who may need to sit for a moment or for the duration of their visit.
- Ramps are available for entrances to all sales facilities and office facilities.
- Handicap Parking is available at all stores.
- Accessibility directive signage is at all store entrances and cash areas.
c) Service Animals:
- All Vistek stores are dog-accessible and dog-friendly. However, service dogs or other service animals are not to be petted or otherwise personally acknowledged by staff or other clients: they are working and need to stay focused.
- An offer of water or a treat for the dog (to be given by the customer) may be suggested to the handler of the dog but not provided before permission is given.
d) Support Persons:
- Persons with disabilities may bring a support person with them when accessing goods and service areas that are open to the public or other third parties.
- Support persons will have free admission to events where an entry fee is charged. A support person can be anyone – a friend, family member, companion, or paid specialist.
- If another third party support person is required (such as sign language interpreter, or other ‘specialty’ provider), Vistek will cooperate to its utmost capability to work with the disabled person in advance in order to plan for a satisfying store / seminar experience.
e) Service Disruptions:
- When facilities or services regularly used by people with disabilities are temporarily unavailable, (disabled washroom, elevator, ramp), a sign will be posted and removed as soon as the disruption ends.
- Any such interruptions will be posted on the website as well for anyone checking before they travel to the store.
- All staff members will effectively communicate with a client with a disability in a manner that takes into account his or her disability while recognizing that the individual otherwise has the same rights and abilities as do they.
- If the disabled person wishes a different method of communication to be used, Vistek will make every reasonable attempt to accommodate his/her needs in order to provide a satisfactory customer experience.
- Feedback opportunities are provided both on the website and via brochures available at the front counters of each store.
- We encourage feedback to ensure our valued clients enjoy their time with us. Questions or comments may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our front counters have brochures and our website has a comments section which allows disabled clients to provide feedback directly to Client Services regarding the service provided to them.
- Staff members are rated on how well they serve customers with disabilities. This forms part of their annual review and also serves as a customer service assessment tool to guide further customer service training.
- Client Services will report semi-annually to the Executive team as to feedback received from customers.
- All staff members who serve clients as part of their role with Vistek are trained using the Accessibility Ontario’s training guide.
- All new staff are trained as part of their orientation (within their first 90 days) using e-learning training with testing after to validate the training.
- This training provides thoughtful methods to provide appropriate techniques to effectively assist disabled customers in their purchasing experience at Vistek.
Please share with us your suggestions, comments and/or positive feedback. At Vistek we value our clients and strive to meet everyone's needs. If you wish to be reached, please leave your contact information and a client service consultant will reach out to you within 7 days. For urgent matters, please contact the Human Resources directly. Your feedback is important and will help to shape the future of the services we provide.